This is a similar exercise to the one that we did last year, but this time, I’m taking some liberties and moving things around. Instead of ten days, we’re expanding it to twelve, and some of the questions will change.
The goal is to post each of these things starting no later than DECEMBER 20th, one per day, to your blog, Facebook, tumblr, or whatever. They are meant to be processes of self-discovery and honesty. In certain cases,feel free to leave the recipients anonymous, but as much as possible, speak from your heart. If you’ve been tagged, feel free to lift it and tag other people, too. This should bring you into the new year in a more grateful and focused way.
- Day One: Twelve things that you find delightful (funny, comforting, etc)
- Day Two: Eleven things about yourself
- Day Three: Ten things you are enormously grateful for
- Day Four: Nine things you want to say to nine different people right now
- Day Five: Eight ways to win your heart
- Day Six: Seven things that cross your mind a lot
- Day Seven: Six foods you love (and why!)
- Day Eight: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
- Day Nine: Four turn offs.
- Day Ten: Three turn ons.
- Day Eleven: Two facts you find disturbing
- Day Twelve: One confession
If you have WordPress or some other similarly clever blog engine that lets you dribble things ahead of time, then you’re golden – you can start whenever – but remember to put some thought into it. You’ll be glad you did, and I’m sure your loved ones will, too.