Day Eight: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Oh, god, this is a tough one… would it be too cheesy to just name the kids and call it good? No? Well, they would be the knee-jerk obvious answers, so understand that they’re the TOP of the list (yes, all five of them – Cassidy, Lilith, Miles, Joseph, and Daniel), but these folks are cool, too. 😉 (Hell, I’ll just post this one again in a bit…)
1. Kasie – You’re my touchstone, my voice of reason, and my sense of accountability. We’ve gotten each other through some crazy-tough times, and even though we both know that more is to come, we’re solid. I support you in whatever you do, regardless of success or silliness, and I admire your grace under fire, even if you don’t always think of it that way.
2. Mike – After all this time, it’s wonderful to have a low-impact yet deeply satisfying relationship. I love our conversation – and our Other Times – and this has been one of the most healing experiences I’ve had to date. Let’s keep it up.
3. Kira – Godmother and sister, you come through, no matter what. We don’t agree on many things, and that’s okay. Like sisters everywhere, sometimes it’s the space and time between than makes us appreciate each other more.
4. Greg – You’re my cheerleader and my inspiration. I will find a way to cure what ails you, even if I can’t do it myself, because you’re brilliant and funny and the world needs more people like you.
5. Joe – If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be where I am – and I mean that in both senses of the statement. You’ve given me challenges galore and the opportunity to see things a little differently. Honestly, if there had been a way to make it work, I would have done it, but it’s clear that you’re a better man without me than with me, and I’m okay with that.