Lili has decided that as a school project, she’s going to start her own online magazine. It’s called Stewards of Gaia, and it’s all about environmentalism, activism, and what kids can do to protect their future inheritance on this planet.
If you have kids younger than 16 who want to contribute a 500-word article to Lili’s magazine, you can email her through gmail at stewardsofgaia. We’ll have a mailing list up later, too.
Right now, she’s still collecting information and articles for the big launch. She’s thinking it’s going to be updated weekly. There are some minor guidelines so far for articles:
1. You need to be a kid under 16.
2. No potty-mouths!
3. Cite your references – they’ll be checked – and not JUST Wikipedia.
4. How-to articles should also have cited references.
5. No poetry or stories just yet – that’ll come later.
6. We’d love some articles on environmental impact of various human habits, what you can do to help recycle, anything about organic gardening, etc. Also, if you make puzzles like crosswords or word-finds, those would be cool, too.
7. There is no payment for articles. This is a student project and has virtually no funding. The author retains all rights to their work.
I think that’s it. (And how proud a momma could I possibly be right now…!)