(That wasn’t the original title, and maybe #11 explains that.)
1. Never blog before coffee.
2. If you have the options to watch with subtitles, take it!
3. Discovering something earth-shattering from 20 years ago is probably not going to change your day-to-day life today, so don’t get your panties in a bunch over it.
4. No, you really can’t be responsible for someone else, no matter how hard you try.
5. Did I mention no blogging before coffee?
6. I haven’t had coffee yet, and I just tried to put 7 immediately after 4. That’s not so great.
7. Did you know I have almost no discernible sense of humor before coffee?
8. Oh, hey, there was 7!
9. It’s not really that I have no sense of humor before coffee, it’s that what humor I have is terrible and liable to be not so much offensive as just really awful.
10. I can’t write the word “awful” without thinking of “offal” and then immediately thinking of viscera jokes.
11. Okay, maybe this wasn’t so much “words of advice” as “morning ramblings in a SOC method” (stream-of-consciousness). Ignore that I said anything about words of advice.
12. Well, I mean, this time. Other times, maybe not, but I’ll probably be a little more coher–
OH LOOK COFFEE