Or rather, so what if you do?
Joe and I talked about it yesterday. The topic came up out of the blue, and a decision has been made. We talked to the kids, and they are reserving their excitement until we know something more.
We’re going to put serious effort into moving back to Texas, preferably the Denton area.
Why, you ask? That’s a very good question. While I have a full laundry list of excellent reasons why this move is good, I couldn’t begin to tell you the real reason.
First, there’s Joe’s parents. Their health is deteriorating, which is just what happens when you live into your 70s, I guess. And then there’s the availability of actual business when it comes to working as a healer. And then there’s the Denton school system, which is supposed to be frikkin’ awesome, and then there’s the cultural stuff, and being closer to family, and being near our friends, and that things actually grow in the ground there, and then there’s trees…
And mostly, it’s just something we need to do.
For someone who has so vehemently screamed that I would never move back to Texas, hell no, not no way, over my dead body, over someone else’s dead body… it’s a disturbingly easy decision. Even Momma Lynne and J are considering moving with us.
Maybe another big part of it is that Wyoming is going myopic again. There is so little opportunity here for people in general, and anyone with skills is going to be facing a ridiculously low pay rate. The housing is crap for folks looking even to get a decent apartment, and the general overall feeling is “your work here is done, now leave me alone.”
We all converged on Cheyenne over the past several years, and we had work to do. We worked hard, healing ourselves and others, and I guess that all that effort paid off because it’s time to do something different.
Here’s fair warning: Joe and I are looking at buying a house if we can, and that means that we may be pulling our hair out a lot over the next couple of months. We’re also thinking of selling our house here in Burns, but after a talk with Ed this morning, that may not be practical. I could probably find a renter without too much trouble – financing on houses like this are just practically impossible to manage just yet – and then sell it sometime down the road. I’m not sure how it’s going to play out, but we are seriously looking at moving by August of this year.
The only hold-up, the way I see it, is finding Joe a job, but I’m not particularly worried about that, either. I just know that everything is going to work out okay. And fast.
Anyone wanna sign up to help with unloading the truck?