Have you ever spent the whole day cleaning, only to look around and realize that you still don’t feel like you’ve accomplished anything? I did that today.
* got the shelves moved to their new home
* got Joe’s old bedside table moved into the storage shed
* got my old bedside table populated with Joseph’s clothes
* hung my clothes up
* hung Joe’s clothes up and put the rest in the new dresser
* cleaned out the cedar chest and repopulated it with blankets
* put the new comforter on the bed
* hung the Samurai tapestry
* hung another pair of fairey wings (not a typo – wings from Faires)
* repacked the boxes of garb
* cleaned out the new dresser carefully
* moved my yarn stash to a new home in the closet
* cleared up a bounced check issue from last October
* did a reading for my dad
* finally checked my email again
* re-registered with Express Personnel for some short-term assignments until my contract starts
* got a whole slew of things put aside for Goodwill
* organized some of the jewelry I’ve inherited
And… maybe it’s that my room is still a frikkin’ mess, what with the laundry not done yet, but I’m very tired (and hungry) and I don’t feel especially accomplished. There has got to be something wrong with me because this is the pattern on the days that I do the most. I wonder if this has anything to do with that whole “nothing is ever good enough” thing that I grew up with… and here I was, thinking I’d finally put that to rest. Maybe it’s come back because I have all of her stuff now, and that means some of her energy, too.
I need a smudge stick. Or a sandwich. One of the two.